My Childcare Philosophy
I recognize that children experience life at their own level. I support this by accepting each child for their uniqueness and challenging their interests, talents, and abilities. I recognize each child’s individuality and respect their needs. I strive to provide a warm, nurturing environment for children’s development and growth.
All About Shazia
My name is Shazia and I am a mother of 5 grown children. I have my Level 1 Early Childhood Certificate from CIAST College as well as a family day home Good Beginning certificate from Kwantlen College. I also have my First Aid and CPR certificate as well as my Food Safe Certificate.
I have been caring for children for the past 10 years. I have previously worked at Montessori Day Care as well as the YMCA in a before and after school program. I use my experience working at a daycare and YMCA as a guideline for setting up and running my day home.
- Alberta Childcare Certificate Level 1
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Clear Police Clearance for all members of her family
- Clear Child Intervention Records for all members of her family
- Food Handlers Certificate, Fire extinguisher training, Anaphylaxis & Epi-pen training as well as many more completed workshops and trainings
Children In My Care Receive …
- Clean, pet-free, smoke-free environment
- A safe and secure, nurturing environment
- 2 very nutritious snacks and 1 lunch
- Many indoor/outdoor activities; crafts, singing and dancing, free play, organized activities/games, dramatic play, activities to enhance their gross/fine motor skills, reading time and circle time
- Field trips to places in the community; nearby parks, library, community center and other places
- Celebrations of holidays/cultures/birthdays, which are important to children/families in care
Hours Of Operation
- Mon. 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Tue. 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Wed. 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Thu. 7:00am – 5:00pm
- Fri. 7:00am – 5:00pm